West Hill School was designed by prominent local architect Archimedes Russell (1890-1915) and built 1891-1893. It is a 3.5-story, stone masonry institutional building. It features a stone tower with open belfry containing the original school bell. It continued in educational use for over 100 years. It was constructed on the site of the Canajoharie Academy, where in 1846, Susan B. Anthony began a teaching position as head of the girls division.
It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 2002. The building was acquired by the Mohawk Valley Collective in 2013, which has been working with volunteer labor to secure the building and develop a business plan and investors to bring it back into productive use.
3 Otsego Street, Canajoharie