The historic First Baptist Church in Charleston is believed to have been built in the 1820s and remodeled during the 1860s. It is a rural vernacular wood-frame church executed in the late Federal/early Greek Revival style. The 1.5-story, heavy timber-framed structure features a square, hip-roofed bell tower. Also on the property are a cemetery, dry-laid stone wall, and receiving vault. The majority of the burials date to the early 19th century, since the church had been organized about 1793. The Charleston Historical Society acquired the property in 1978. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1994.
Polin Road, Charleston