The Charleston Historical Society is a National and State Historic Registered Site founded in 1978 with the purpose of preserving and documenting local history. Headquartered in a restored church originally built during the presidency of George Washington and re-built during the mid-1880’s, its Victorian features are still intact. Exhibits include local artifacts, photos, records, literature and audio recordings of residents of the community. All programs held throughout the year are free and open to the public. Memberships welcomed. Building open by appointment.
Polin Road west of St. Hwy 30 A, Charleston