A two complete floor, research library, and tool shed annex. Totally physically challenged capable with chair lift, ramp, and rest room facilities. Also includes a large display of the beech nut circus and Arkell material.
The top floor of the 1835 Ames Museum, used as an academy from 1839 to 1959, houses many local artifacts featuring Ames’ hey-day as the hops-growing capital of 19th century America. This building was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2002.